0 - 6 Months
Talented Tots Daycare caters to your baby’s individual needs and schedule while providing a structured environment with story time, sensory time, music and movement. While in our care, we focus on fine motor development by helping your baby learn to grasp items, wave, clap, and kick at objects. Our Wee Ones program helps strengthen gross motor skills through tummy time, crawling and exploring their surroundings. Weather permitting, we take the babies on walks and provide exploratory time outdoors. Our childcare classrooms are designed to create a safe and loving environment for your baby to learn and grow in daily.
Safe Sleep Policy
At Talented Tots our number one concern is the child’s safety. As of January 4, 2016, our company has implemented the following Infant Safe Sleep Policy in accordance with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services requirements. The purpose of this policy is to lower the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and SUDI (Sudden Unexpected Death in Infants) in infants under one year of age.
At Talented Tots we follow the following Safe Sleep Practices in infants under one year of age:
- Infants will always be placed on their back to sleep. The only exception to this policy is if we are given an alternative plan that is signed by the child’s pediatrician. When infants can easily turn from their back to their stomachs, they will be placed on their backs to sleep but then may adopt whatever position they prefer for sleep.
- Our infant classrooms will always be kept between 68-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All our cribs have been approved by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
- All sheets must be tight fitting. No blankets, pillows, bumper pads, stuffed animals, etc. will be allowed in the cribs while children are sleeping. Only sleep clothing (sleep sacks, sleepers) will be used to keep infants warm. Infants’ heads and face will not be covered during sleep. Pacifiers will be allowed in the crib with written consent from parent. Pacifiers may not have cords or mechanisms attached.
- Only one infant will occupy a crib at a time.
- Infants will not be allowed to sleep in car seats, swings, bouncy seats, etc. If an infant fall asleep anywhere besides a crib they will be picked up and moved to a crib to sleep.
- Cribs should not be used for storage of items at any time.
- Infant caregivers will frequently check on infants while they are sleeping to ensure that they are not having difficulty napping.
- All our infant care givers have been trained on infant safe sleep based on AAP safe sleep recommendations.
Infants and toddlers have the gift of curiosity and a thirst for knowledge. At Talented Tots Daycare, we begin using Baby Signs in our infant classrooms to encourage the children to use simple hand gestures and sign language to communicate their needs, what they want, or what they are seeing in their environment. Giving the infants and toddlers in our care the basic tools to communicate even before they can talk will boost their self-esteem, and decrease frustrations between caregivers/parents and the children when using words isn’t an option.
- Breast milk or formula
- Crib sheet
- Pacifier (optional)
- Ointments (as needed)
- Change of clothes
- Baby food (optional/as needed)
All babies learn and grow at their own pace. At Talented Tots Preschool, we do not force any child to do something before they are ready. Instead, we allow them to grow and develop while keeping their unique comfort levels in mind. Our infant schedule is open-ended to better match each child’s individual progression.
|6:00 AM - 8:00 AM||Parents & caregivers exchange information. Record all information on your child’s Daily Review Sheet to be used throughout the day. Change diapers & hand washing throughout the day as needed. Children sleep throughout the day according to his/her needs|
|8:00 AM - 9:30 AM||Morning Snack. Each child is fed according to his/her needs (hand washing before & after each meal).|
|9:30 AM - 11:30 AM||Morning Activity. Designed to meet individual needs, includes reading books, free play, music, sensory & gross motor activities, interaction with peers, & outside play (weather permitting).|
|11:30 AM - 1:30 PM||Lunch. Infants are fed according to individual needs, with instructions from parents (hand washing before & after each meal).|
|1:30 PM - 4:30 PM||Afternoon Activities- Continuation of Morning Activities, reinforcement of gross motor development activities, outside play (weather permitting).|
|4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Departure. Infants are fed and diapered as needed for their departure. Parents & caregivers share details regarding their child’s day.|