It’s Fall Ya’ll
"Anyway, like I was sayin', apples are the fruit of the month. You can bake it, boil it, broil it, candy it, saute it. Dey's uh, apple pie, apple strudel, apple cake, apple fritters. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, Fuji, Gala, Red Delicious, Ambrosia, Empire, McIntosh, Opal, Liberty. That- that's about it."
Maybe you were scratching your head reading my artfully crafted Bubba Gump impersonation. As you hopefully recognized in the opening paragraph, there are countless ways to cook apples and ample varieties to select from. Since Apple Picking season is one of my favorite parts of fall, I wanted to shine a spotlight on this healthy staple. Studies show apples lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, have anti-inflammatory properties.......and, perhaps more importantly, kids absolutely love them!
So, strap up your boots and put on your cozy flannel shirt—it's Fall Y’all! Fun family activities: Go apple picking at a local orchard, bake apple pies with the kids, or simply conduct a mystery taste test to find your child’s favorite variety. Just remember this September that an apple a day - keeps the doctor away.
- All Talented Tots locations will be CLOSED September 5th in observation of Labor Day.
- September 3: Nat'l Food Bank Day
- September 5: Closed for Labor Day
- September 8: Int’l Literacy Day
- September 9: Nat’l Teddy Bear
- September 11: Twenty-one Year Anniversary of 9/11
- September 11: Nat'l Grandparent’s Day
- September 16: Nat’l Play Dough Day
- September 24: Johnny Appleseed Day
- September 27: Nat’l Family Fun Day
- September 29: World Heart Day